• Introduces young readers to almost 3,000 words using 1,000 entries—many new and revised for 2012—with hundreds of captivating
illustrations by Ruth Heller.
• Full sentences are used to discuss definitions, common phrases, and usage examples in age-appropriate language to show how words are
used in context.
• Many entries include alternate meanings, word histories, related words, and the way words sound.
• Teaches basic dictionary skills: Alphabetization, spelling, parts of speech, letter sounds, use of synonyms and antonyms,
homographs and homophones
• Jokes, riddles, poems, and fun facts based on word play make learning fun.
• References to popular stories, fairy tales, myths, and nursery rhymes spark imagination and encourage language exploration.
- Reading level: Ages 5 and up
- Hardcover:436 pages
- Publisher:Merriam Webster (October 31, 2011)
- Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 8.7 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds
No reviews yet. Add yours!
You must be logged in to post a comment.